Discussion Battle of the Flagships : LeEco Le Max2 vs Google Pixel XL

Discussion in 'Le Max2' started by RajeshKiran_790, Oct 5, 2016.

1. RajeshKiran_790
    RajeshKiran_790 Well-Known Member
    67%
    [​IMG]

Display

The LeEco Le Max2 has a 5.7-inch QHD display which provides an excellent gaming and media experience, on the other hand the Pixel XL is equipped with a slightly smaller 5.5-inch QHD display with the similar specs when it comes to display. Both devices have equally good displays.

Networks

On the connectivity front, the Le Max2 supports Dual SIM with Dual Standby, 4G LTE, all the usual Wi-Fi networks and Assisted GPS. The Google Pixel XL supports all of the same except Dual SIM support.

Performance

The Le Max2 is powered by a Qualcomm Snapdragon 820 SoC which offers smooth and lag-free performance. It runs on Android Marshmallow and LeEco’s intuitive eUI. The Pixel XL takes a slight edge with the latest Qualcomm Snapdragon 821 and Android N.

As far as performance is considered, both phones do an amazing job - the difference between SD820 and SD821, in real-life usage is negligible. We chose to compare the least expensive variants of these phones, so both the Le Max2 and Pixel XL come with 4GB RAM and 32GB Onboard Storage. There are more expensive variants of both devices that come with more RAM or more storage.

Camera

The LeEco Le Max2’s primary camera is a 21MP affair with an f/2.0 aperture, PDAF, Optical Image Stabilisation, Touch Focus, HDR and Dual-LED Flash. It is capable of recording 4K video at 30fps and 720p slow motion video at 120fps. The secondary camera is a 8MP sensor with an f/2.2 aperture that captures really good selfies.

The Pixel XL’s primary camera has a 12.3 MP resolution, f/2.0 aperture, PDAF, Dual-LED Dlash with larger pixels (1.55µm pixel size), Touch Focus and HDR. It also supports 4K recordings at 30fps. The front camera is a 8MP sensor with an aperture of f/2.4.

Battery

TheLe Max2 is equipped with a 3100 mAh Li-Ion battery and supports Quick Charge. On the other hand, the Pixel XL has a slightly higher 3450 mAh battery which Google says is powered by its own Rapid Charge technology. Both devices sport USB Type-C ports and non-removable batteries.

Audio

LeEco’s Le Max2 outputs audio via its Type-C port using CDLA technology which LeEco says is the first of its kind and offers amazing sound quality. It removes the traditional 3.5mm headphone jack entirely. The Pixel XL goes with the age-old 3.5 mm jack with no real upgrade on audio. While traditionalists might prefer the 3.5 mm jack, we wanted to see Google innovating in this area. Both devices have a single stereo speaker that works well.

Content

There is no competition for LeEco in this area as it has been a pioneer in the Internet Ecosystem space. Its LeEco Membership gives you access 2000+ premium movies on Levidi (through Eros Now) and the most amazing part is you can watch 100+ live TV channels on your phone from the LIVE App. Also, you can listen to 3.5 million songs on the go with Le Music and they also offer 5TB of cloud storage on LeEco Drive which is simply amazing. All this is free for one year! The Google Pixel XL does not offer any content and membership offers.

Price

LeEco has priced the Le Max2 aggressively at Rs. 17,999/- as a special festive offer. Google has introduced the Pixel XL at a whopping Rs. 57,000/- in India for the lowest variant. While we understand that their goal is to project the Pixel phones as a premium experience, that’s a lot of premium that has to come out of your pocket!

What We Think

LeEco’s Le Max2 is a clear winner in this battle. It has almost similar specifications as Google’s Pixel XL - the Pixel XL takes the edge in certain areas such as the processor and battery but in day-to-day usage, there won’t be much of a difference between them. Add in LeEco’s content offerings and its jaw-dropping price tag for the Le Max2, and it becomes a no brainer.

Purchase Now!

LeMall http://bit.ly/LeMax2_LM

Flipkart http://bit.ly/LeMax2_FK

Amazon http://j.mp/LeMax2_AI

Snapdeal http://bit.ly/LeMax2_SD

Last edited: Oct 5, 2016
  2. ZdenkAndl_750
    ZdenkAndl_750 New Member

Ofc Max 2 is winner.Who want to buy phone for 1k eur lol...Google=Apple wannabe

3. ketan87
    ketan87 New Member

Content: It is still on paper.

Software updates and security patches: Pixel
    Stability: Pixel. Nothing beats plain Android stock compared to buggy EUI
    Support: Pixel (Google)
    Ease of mind: Pixel. When u have a Nexus/Pixel you can use it for years without issues.

4. baky126
    baky126 New Member

Google Pixel XL is better. lemax 2 has a lot software bugs

5. AkHiL9940
    AkHiL9940 Well-Known Member
    STUDY
    20%
    LeEco is poor in software development..where as in Xiaomi u will see better smooth and bug free UI..

amritkumar and Yadhagiri86 like this.
  6. sid89
    sid89 Well-Known Member
    67%
    No doubt le max 2 is a great phone winning every practical aspects in consideration to the utility and functional angle of owning it. I'm owning this phone since day one along with iPhone 6s and pleased to say that I'm too impressed with this phone in every respect. It's just the brand name people shell out their money on phones without realising they're prey to the gimmicks.

7. satish3512
    satish3512 Active Member
    33%
    U Fool Comparing Chinese product with Google product..
    Screenshot_2016-10-03-00-10-03.jpg

Exchanges price of Le Max 2 is 5200 only on Flipkart.
    Flipkart know the real value of Le Max 2..

Binu and keshavgoel14 like this.
  8. phanimadhur
    phanimadhur New Member

comparing le max with google pixel?

google pixel has 89/100 of camera which is rated by DoXmark but lemax not even selected for testing the camera......And camera clarity will not depend on megapixel... It depends on aperture and the quality of the aperture.

Next when comparing about performance google pixel go 145000 in ANTuTu benchmark and for lemax its 82500. Pixel is having 821 snapdragon and lemax is having 820 snapdragon.

Google pixel is having android 7 but for lemax to get the andorid 7 update it takes much time even they are trying to fix the bugs in android 6 only....when they will start building the android 7 and when they will release to le users......

Next about the audio jack.... saying audio jack with type c and cdla for lemax...Will face many difficulties with this jack since in lemax both audio jack and the charging port are same.. But with google pixel there is no problemmmm..its having both cdla and 3.5 mm jack

But the price of pixel is very high......................but for lemax its just 17k.....thats the only advantage we are having..................

ColinRHopper likes this.
  9. keshavgoel14
    keshavgoel14 Well-Known Member
    student
    Home Page:
    40%
    r u serious :3 comparing it with pixel , enough internet for today

10. CHEVROLETSPARK
    CHEVROLETSPARK New Member

You make a big mistake I will not give a fuck money to Google to get a mobile set than reading has problems. And nobody big mistake eui is too good everything works perfectly and is very good software and more and better.

0091848xxxxx91_642 likes this.
  11. Binu
    Binu Well-Known Member
    75%
    True. First thing you shouldn't compare with Pixel.
    Le eco customer support and solutions is herculean task for for le eco. They want only sale.
    Now max2 and TV are not moving.

Struggling to sell because of support in software

12. harsha7
    harsha7 New Member

Comparing pixel and le max 2 ...pls never try to compare with pixel...first compare with one plus 3...both r almost same cost initially...le max 2 is one with a sound hardware and worst software....worst finger print...eui is really bad....slow...21 MP camera...guys it's not the MP that makes the quality of image superb...it's d software ...le max camera is even as gud as Asus zenphone 3 or mi5...I can't be nevr compared with one plus 3 bcoz one plus 3 camera is so gud...first compare with ur equal competitors then compare with pixel...and pls release frequent updates...one plus 3 has frequent update but it's been two months since the last update...

Bottom line: given a chance I wil surely return this phone and get a better one(one plus 3 , honor 8, zenphone 3)...pls don't ever buy phones by seeing hardware specs

Binu likes this.
  13. holger4221
    holger4221 Well-Known Member
    75%
    Sorry! I'm repeating myself again. People like you who now complain about LeEco and the products did NOT research and finally understand the LeEco (business) idea and why they started to produce cellphones. YOU like everyone including myself should use it to buy LeEco's online content. I'm not doing it and I'm very happy that it works for me for what I actually bought the phone. Lets check out what you posting here: one plus 3 "same price like the LeMax 2 ...." Seriously? Look what I found online.
    LeMax 2 RS 16,999 and
    Ahhh yes! Same price... I get it! That was only a joke you made. Right? Go ahead and return your LeMax2 and get the Zenfone 3. Pay extra money for all of the phones you named in your complain. You are one of many who complain about a product you didn't do your research before you bought it. And no. I do not work for LeEco and I do not even live in any of LeEco's target markets. I do not have any place to go or any service I could use if something goes wrong with my LeMax 2. But I do understand that I got a very good product much cheaper than all other phones around in the moment. Does the EUI is perfect? No, absolutely not. But LeEco is very new in this market and all other brands you have named here are already with lots of experience in the cellphone industry. And all of them are asking much more money for a lot less on phone hardware! I am sure that LeEco will do their best to fix some things. If the phone will be perfect for everyone? Not for you and everybody here who didn't do their research. That's for sure! Thanks for your understanding.

Attached Files:

sid89 likes this.
  14. harsha7
    harsha7 New Member

Dude when I bought my mobile it was Rs 22000 ...pls do understand that I bought it in flash sale in flipkart during the launch...so what d extra feature u get in le eco ...lecloud or live or watelse... everything is now provided by jio sim...this phone has a lot of software bugs and yes the phones which I mentioned have a better software...I have worked with all those phones tats y i say this...if u don't believe me check the fast of fingerprint in asus or one plus and lemax 2 ...take a low light photo and compare the noise level...I already have a le 1s device and tat was awesome for the spec and cost given....having tat trust I bought le max 2 ...and FYI I have already sent camera samples of Karbonn octane plus and le max2 front camera...Karbonn costs jus 6k...then u buy a phone for live contents...wow u r d first of this kind...jus buy jio sim for tat it's free of cost...

Yes I accept there r many advantages of lemax 2

I appreciate memory mgmt...it's flawless in multitasking and RAM management

Good leeco stuffs like live,cloud etc

CDLA is gud.

But

If leeco can solve these bugs then it wil be a flagship

Slow fingerprint sensor take almost 1 to 1.5 secs

Low light camera is worst and video stability is not tat good when u move around

Front camera is not superb when u take a selfie with a crowd.

No finger print gestures

EUI has to be improved.

Any user will accept these complaints

monamonimonu and Binu like this.
  15. alegreroi
    alegreroi Well-Known Member
    student
    25%
    Flipkart's exchange rate is so poor bro.. roughly about 20% . A 10000 rupees worth mobile gives around 2000 or 2500 in return..That doesnt mean the mobile has no value...Its the people who are mad to exchange at such a cheap rate.
    Olx or Quikr gives a better idea if you want to check it.

16. alegreroi
    alegreroi Well-Known Member
    student
    25%
    If you want a short term relationship with most of Short and sweet memories, go for LeEco
    If you want a long term relationship with priority on stability and service, go for Google

17. Binu
    Binu Well-Known Member
    75%
    Pls campair Apple to Apple.

Comparing Le max 2 with Pixel is foolishness.
    Le eco never bothered to provide support. Things are only on papers.
    They want only sale.

18. ChethN
    ChethN Well-Known Member
    67%
    I agree with most of the guys who says comparing LeMax2 with Google Pixel is foolishness.! My brother in law and I purchased LeMax2 on same day and his fingerprint scanner stopped working within a day. Since it was bought via Flipkart he returned it. He did not even open the new phone box and sold it for 1k less than the buying price(He got an iphone and he is in love with it). Just imagine if you had bought it via Le site and you would be in soup to get it replaced! Price is not always which makes the phone a hit! Its overall experience. I will never buy a Le product again. TV is what is next and I will wait for Mi TV or will buy TCL.
    Now about this phone, I get irritated to use the fingerprint sensor! Even after 5-6 attempts it doesn't open in LeMax2. It's so buggy!! It has great specs but very poor software. Notifications is another issue! U will get to know abt whats app messages only when u open it!! Pathetic software!! I have heard we can use MiUI in LeMax2, may give it a try sooner.
    @LeIndia do me a favor, Please release a version with pure android and with no EUI!! Would like to use stock android than buggy EUI.

monamonimonu and Binu like this.
  19. holger4221
    75%
    Good day!
    You see, when I am reading your guys complaints, I have really to think if some of you guys only making up a bad story because you like to? I market your text were I can't follow. You saying that "your brother in law" bought the same phone and his fingerprint sensor stopped working but ->"he did not even open the new phone box and sold the new phone box ... bla bla bla" ??? Nobody is pushing you to buy any LeEco products. If you don't like it, return or sell it like your "brother in law" (if he even exist?). Go ahead and buy the new Pixel phone for 3 times the money if you can afford it. There will always be a EUI on a LeEco product. TV, phone or car. Doesn't matter. EUI is part of every LeEco product. Your "brother in law" (if he exists) was much smarter than you! He did understand that he is not happy with the product and returned (flipcard) AND SOLD (unopened box) his phone to make 2 times the profit right away. (returned the phone and sold the phone - I know!? - that's were I can't understand your made up story.)
    It's people like you who don't understand the LeEco EUI philosophy. So yes! The best for you is to buy from a different company what isn't using one firmware on all of their products to connect each other. But expect to pay much more than for a LeEco product.

Have a nice weekend!

sid89 likes this.
  20. holger4221
    75%
    You must have rich parents that you can afford a Google phone or any phone at all as a student. I never had one when I was a student. Now you are bored and waiting that your parents buying you the new Google phone? May I ask? India has not more important issues to resolve than wasting time on a LeEco forum? I'm sure you can explain to me as a smart student why so many forum members do not return a product they aren't happy with? Not enough homework to do? Sorry! I always had to work for my money and would not keep a product I'm not happy with and most important, would not waste my time on a forum of this company!

Did you ever read in a car forum that someone would compare a Tata NANO with a Mercedes C230 ( entrée level) or even a S600 (luxury class)? Why people expect from a beginner like LeEco to build right away a Apple or Samsung phone goes far way out of my understanding. What problems had Apple as a company already? Ohh wait. Yes. Apple was ones close to bankruptcy. Maybe young people didn't know that. How can anyone compare LeEco with Samsung who makes 1/3 of S.Korea GDP with a revenue of 305 billion USD (2014)? I honestly hope you study better than you make your research OR shopping online. LeEco never intended to sell you a phone with only basic android on it. LeEco's idea is always to sell you a couple of their products at ones! ( Phone, icloud, movies, TV shows, sport etc.)

If you need a high-end security phone - don't buy from a newbie like LeEco in the phone industry. It won't work!

sid89 likes this.